It begins now. This weekend, we’re starting to see some investigative journalism that’s leaking out the stories the mainstream media has been accumulating in order to hit Donald Trump.
This isn’t the big stuff. It’s the test. It’s the left dipping their toes in the “take down Trump” waters. This is something many of us have anticipated for a while and it’s going to get worse. We’re only seeing the tip of the iceberg at this point.
After months of pseudo-attacks and veiled endorsements used by mainstream media to prop up the only GOP candidate that Hillary Clinton can defeat, the guns are starting to roll out. Let’s take a look at some of the big and little things that have rolled out on Saturday alone.
- CNN: Trump’s past surfaces as GOP looks forward – This is funny because his past is only surfacing because the media didn’t want it all to surface before he was locked in as the nominee. None of this is new. It’s being made new because of the narrative they want us to adopt.
- The Guardian: How Donald Trump convinced the Republican party to revolve around him – This one is a little more timely since it’s clear that the GOP is attempting to unite behind him, but the tone of the story is that this is now Trump’s GOP. This isn’t an attack against Trump. It’s an attack against Trump’s sheep.
- NY Times: Crossing the Line: How Donald Trump Behaved With Women in Private – Now we’re getting juicing. This is the piece that’s getting attention from all of the smaller publications as they pick out components to attack directly. A cottage industry of “Trump v. women” stories has formed to draw in maximum page views and deteriorate his support with women, something that Trump desperately needs in order to defeat Clinton.
- WSJ: …And Donald Trump’s Taxes – Trump has been avoiding releasing his tax returns for months, but it was no big deal before. Suddenly, it’s a big deal. When Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio were calling for the same after releasing their tax returns, mainstream media was all but silent.
- TIME: Street Mural of Donald Trump Kissing Vladimir Putin Goes Viral – The phrase “goes viral” is used by journalists to give more prominence to something than it really deserves. The funny part is that this news story about going viral is making the mural go viral. Little stories like these are going to pop up regularly going forward.
Here’s the sad reality – we’ve known for months that if Trump won the nomination, that mainstream media would unleash hell on him. This isn’t it. This is just the beginning. It’s going to be a very discouraging six months if nobody is able to step up and mount a serious challenge against the two corrupt leaders of the major political parties.